As I've described, there were some personal tensions at the lab. Nevertheless, I greatly enjoyed and felt privileged to be working on the project. My hours let me work alone most of the time, and I strived very hard to do things correctly. Everything considered, it was an awesome experience.
It was my intention to not say anything negative about any of the optics team, and I hope I didn't!
Todd and I had issues, but he was professional almost all the time, and he performed his job splendidly.
Tom also did a great job and he worked extremely hard. I think he was as essential to the success of the project as was Todd. Tom is not the type of person I would have spent any time with away from the job, but that is just a matter of personalities.
Bill disappeared, but that's his business.
I like Ken, and I'm sorry that our conflict at Christmas hurt our relationship. We remained cordial and have had some contact since I left NY.
People I really liked and who were always a pleasure to be with were Iliya, Nicola, and Regina, who cleaned spacers and had other duties, but whom I had not mentioned previously.
As I've probably already said, I am going to be very excited and proud when the NuSTAR satellite is launched, and I am very grateful to have been part of the team that built it.
No comments:
Post a Comment