Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Odd Days: Tax Season & Child Porn

It's tax season, y'all! I realize that for most of you tax season starts on April 14, but for me, it starts a little earlier. I bring this up only because my erratic posting will undoubtedly continue to be somewhat erratic until the end of tax season.

That's not to say I don't have anything to post. In fact, this time of year I am bursting with pent-up blogs. They include hilarious stories of fiscal misdeeds, reports of behaviors that, well, astound and dumbfound me. I could even report on my own foolishness in answering a phone call knowing full well who it is and how long he will spend trying to convince me to claim his grandmother's poodle-training class as a medical expense.

But some things are just too hot for the airwaves, whether it's child pornography or tax policy. I mean, who doesn't have a strong opinion about most things? But is that opinion ready for prime time?

One experience I do *not* want to have in this lifetime is to answer the phone only to have a client demand an explanation for why I said (on my blog) that the world would be a better place without Rick Perry or Rick Santorum or George Bush or Clarence Thomas or the republican party. You see my problem?

2 comments:

  1. If, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, George Bush, and Clarence Thomas, or the entire republican party for that matter, all went up in smoke, I would say hooray. Thanks for the reminder about tax season; I'll try not to make any undue demands on your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, Twila's blog entry reminds me of something I heard her say a long time ago: "Sharing a computer [or maybe a blog? - DB] is like sharing a toothbrush."

    ReplyDelete