Okay, I confess, I'm awaysick. I wish I were back in New York.
Colorado is wonderful and our house is really nice, but things were so much simpler in our little apartment. I've been home almost 3 weeks now, and my brain is ready to fry. I've been really good about working, except for one day when Skee-Ball and Angry Birds somehow took control. But still there are piles of "things" all over that need to be put away or thrown away or sold on eBay. One of the pinball machines is halfway through a repair and the stupid yard is getting green already - very soon it will be growing like weeds. (Not surprising, I suppose, since that's what our yard is, unwatered and unfed weeds. Nice weeds, though, mostly.)
In Tarrytown I didn't have much "stuff" and I didn't miss it. I didn't miss playing pinball and I didn't miss mowing the lawn (we didn't have one). I didn't miss having to threaten to sue the company that tried to fix our driveways three years ago. I was happy with what I had, although another bathroom would have been nice. Who ever thought I would get nostalgic about Tarrytown? (Getting nostalgic about NYC was a given.)
Here are my stairs, which were my exercise routine for 8 months:
Here is my office, just before I left it for the last time:
BWAAAAAAAAAA!
No comments:
Post a Comment