Ever since the '60s, when we manly men stepped forward and stood behind women... I mean, behind the feminist cause... a lot of things have flowed in the female direction. But guys still have some advantages, so it puzzles me when we fail to use them.
Here's one example. Women spend a lot of time every day on their appearance. At night they try to figure out what they'll wear in the morning, but that's subject to change depending on their mood when they awaken. Before bed they put on lotion and other potions that guys know nothing about. When they get up they shower, blow dry their hair, brush their hair, brush their teeth, decide what they really want to wear, including shoes (!), then put on makeup, etc.
For a guy it's a lot easier. On a casual day a guy gets up, puts on some jeans, smells the armpits of a few T-shirts to find one that isn't too grotty, brushes his teeth, and he's ready. On a more formal day he puts on a newer pair of jeans and a sport shirt. It's an advantage.
So I don't get this thing about having a 3-day growth of facial hair. I think it started with Dr. McDreamy, or whatever his name is, on "Gray's Anatomy", and now a lot of movie stars are doing it. Yeah, I get it, women go for the animalistic look - GRRRRR! But how does a guy affect a 3-day beard? He isn't going to shave and wait three days before he leaves the house. So he has to stand in front of a mirror every day, probably with hair clippers, and primp. Like a woman.
Yuck.
The world is going crazy, IMO, and this hairy face thing is just another example of it.
Don Johnson on Miami Vice circa 1984 pre-dates G.A. Why I know this, I can't tell you because I've never watched either show. Perhaps on both shows it was merely makeup. Do you know someone who does this in real life?
ReplyDeleteI've had a hairy face since 1981... maybe grey now, but still hairy. More like a four week look.
ReplyDeleteI hope hairy ears and nostrils come into style.
ReplyDelete