Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Odd Days: My Underwear

I don't know what it is with me and underwear, but we seem to have an uneasy relationship. This relationship is on my mind because I just returned from a short trip. Trips always make me think about my underwear.

Why? Well, once I prepared for a trip and, as usual, meticulously packed everything I might need several days in advance. I almost always start early so I won't forget anything, but on this particular occasion I forgot to pack any underwear at all. It was a disturbing discovery.

Then there was the time I visited my father and apparently left a pair of black lacy underwear under my sister's bed (where I had been sleeping). The underwear was returned to me in an unmarked package containing only the underwear and a note: "Thanks for the good time!" I think he was hoping Durf would open it.

More recently, I have been trying to travel light. So rather than carry a laundry bag, sometimes I stick my dirty underwear in the pocket of my jeans -- to be removed for laundering purposes when I return. But on occasion I decide to wear my jeans a second time, having forgotten what was in the pockets. When I subsequently empty the contents to see what's in there, I am frequently not alone. Makes for an awkward moment.

Ah, I've just unburdened myself of a dirty little secret.

4 comments:

  1. Cool. One down, one to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of why you were sleeping under your aister's bed must be an interesting one! Is that the other secret?

    ReplyDelete