We all know the world can be divided into two types of people, those who generally prefer sweet snacks and those who prefer salty snacks. I'm sweet. Durf's salty.
Our society tends to judge those who like sweets more harshly than we judge those who like salt. It's not just that sweets are more fattening than salt -- and we worship thinness -- but somehow the eating of sweets conjures bacchanalian behavior (or misbehavior) and character flaws, such as indulgence, lack of discipline, blah blah blah.
What you don't hear much about are the benefits of sugar. For example, sugar is a natural analgesic for kids. That's why your kids went wild after eating sugar. They were just soooo happy to be free of pain. (It's true, I read it in Rupert Murdoch's most esteemed paper.)
So anyway, yesterday I went to an open house at the local deli where I observed that there were more trays of food than people...and there were hordes of people! I spent the entire 20 minutes I was there in the bakery section, eating cake. I think I sampled all 108 varieties. You'll be happy to know that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and came away feeling absolutely no pain. So there.
What's wrong with bacchanalian behavior, indulgence, and lack of discipline? Geez.
ReplyDeleteanalgesia is good. I think I need more juice in my pain patch. I'm glad you had a good food/people ratio. Is 108 an exaggeration?
ReplyDelete108 an exaggeration? Seriously?
ReplyDeleteNot an exaggeration at all. She looks like she's about to have twins.
ReplyDelete