My contributions to the 2nd blog in “he says, she says” were written, of necessity, with voice recognition software. That turned out to be kind of funny. So I'm writing this entire blog using my current voice recognition software, with no corrections, to show how far the science is advanced in 13 years.
More important, I got thinking about blogging because of this blog, “we–says” (because it sounds better than “new–says”), which has had limited success. On an average day it gets about 7 hits, and 4 of those are from Twyla and myself. That's kind of lame, and I was thinking about quitting blogging again. But then I decided to try to change things instead of quitting.
Our NYC/news*blog was kind of an automatic winner. I could just post off about the project, and Twyla traveled all over and posted her experiences those things were entertaining, it seems.
Now were back in Loveland, and Loveland, as lovely as it is, is no New York City. Not a lot of exciting things happen here, although occasionally a dog is bitten by a coyote, Umberger eats berries from our tree, or a bobcat walks across the road. It's not easy to get photos of those things. I could make a recording of coyotes howling at night, but don't think it would be too interesting.
When I got to thinking about blogging, 2 things popped up.
One is that people don't like to read about serious topics. There is enough of that in the news in in your own lives. No one really cares what I think about politics or drugs, so I decided to tear up my drafts on those subjects.
The other is that text is not attractive. Readers are much more likely to enjoy pictures.
![]() |
| The Blogospace |
Whether those things will make this blog more appealing this for you, dear readers, to decide.

Hey, first thing: Whats up with Twyla? Did you forget how to spell her name? Oh, wait! I forgot about the VRS. I guess the Twila default is the most famous Twila--Tharp.
ReplyDelete2nd: I read the blog when I remember/can to see what my friends are doing--not to be entertained.
PS, I want to hear the coyotes howling. got wolves?
ReplyDeletePS 3: OK, I caught up on your blog. Now, catch up on my videos and leave comments and Likes or Don't Likes! I published flower riffs 45, 46 and 47 yesterday and 48 today.
ReplyDeleteI *love* your joint blog! From time to time.
ReplyDelete