I'm starting this project with both optimism and trepidation. It makes me a little nervous that many of the teeny weeny screws require either Loctite or CA, aka Super Glue. That will make them hard to remove if I make a mistake.
Fortunately, I'm planning to not make any mistakes. I learned my lesson in 1989 (yes, I'm that old) when building a large balsa airplane that Twila gave me. I really got into it and worked on it day after day when I got home from work. Unfortunately, I never finished it, even though the carcass is still in our garage and I have the rest of the parts somewhere. It was really discouraging when I learned that I had built the wings backwards. I had the idea that if I put the propeller on backwards, too, I could fly in reverse, but I didn't get far enough to test that theory.
Fortunately, I'm planning to not make any mistakes. I learned my lesson in 1989 (yes, I'm that old) when building a large balsa airplane that Twila gave me. I really got into it and worked on it day after day when I got home from work. Unfortunately, I never finished it, even though the carcass is still in our garage and I have the rest of the parts somewhere. It was really discouraging when I learned that I had built the wings backwards. I had the idea that if I put the propeller on backwards, too, I could fly in reverse, but I didn't get far enough to test that theory.
The important thing is that I learned that drinking Wild Turkey shooters and doing complex assembly don't really mix. That lesson was reinforced when I tried to fly my first helicopter and embedded it in the wall of our garage. I don't drink much WT anymore, so I should be safe. Certainly a glass or two of wine won't hurt.
It is a well known fact (maybe) that Fighting Cock works wonders for helicopter assembly and flight, but you didn't hear it from me.
ReplyDeleteI was afraid you'd mention the Fighting Cock.
ReplyDelete