Even though I'm apolitical now, I decided to comment on this, after I stumbled on his comments by accident. It really isn't a political issue, it's just criticizing a media person.
Who is Bill O'Reilly?
I suppose it depends on your political philosophy. If you're right-wing, he's a guru; if you're left-wing, he's a loud-mouthed entertainer. Here are some things (and my comments) he said about the Casey Anthony case, a non-political issue.
"There is no evidence that Caylee Anthony died from an accident. None. It was a theory from the defense team, and when crunch time came they couldn't present a shred of evidence to back up the theory. Yet Jennifer Ford -- and I believe other jurors -- apparently believes there could have been an accident involved. Based on what? Maybe a Martian came down and put duct tape over Caylee's mouth? Juries have to operate on facts, not irresponsible, unproved theories."
[This might be a shock to Bill, but the defense doesn't have to provide proof of a theory. They just need to create doubt. That is our legal system.]
"If alleged murderers can get acquitted based on theoretical fantasies, then our entire justice system has collapsed. It's that simple."
[Displaying yet again complete ignorance of our justice system.]
"Judge Perry gave Ms. Anthony the maximum sentence because I believe he believes she's guilty as hell. I also think the judge did an excellent job in a very frustrating case, as the defense team tried every trick in the book to confuse the jury. Of course, no proceeding is perfect and the judge made some mistakes, but overall Judge Belvin Perry is a patriot."
[He believes he believes? Well, that's impressive. And how does "patriot" belong in this conversation at all?]
Who is Bill O'Reilly? He's a partisan bloviating dipwad with no regard for facts, and it's a sad commentary on the state of our political discourse that he has a job in the media.
Bill O'Reilly is a perfect example of a bloviator.
ReplyDelete