Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012

Bloggage.

I know I've blogged this before, or at least I think I have, but this time it's a tad mite different because I'm changing my policy.

Blogging is talking. There are blogs about politics and sports and current events and fashion and all kinds of things. Blogs with a theme are easy, because you just write about whatever happened recently in whatever your theme is. Our New York blog was easy for that reason - and also because when I was working in the lab I had plenty of time to think of things to write about. Oui-Sez isn't quite that way. It is a blog with no theme, other than Twila & Durf. So that's a problem.

Twila figured it out and cut her work in half by choosing "Odd Days". She goes out and does things and gets blown out of her shoes and whatever, plus she has a great imagination. I told her yesterday that she blogs like I would expect Gail Collins to blog, so she could even make something like cutting her hair into an interesting and funny story. Not me.

As you can tell by my recent lack of posts, I haven't had much to blog about. It's not surprising. I spend 2-3 hours every morning reading newspapers, then I struggle with my computer, work on my helicopters, play pinball. And, whereas Twila is anxious to experience everything she possibly can to fulfill her bucket list, I'm more focused on internal things. I haven't been able yet to fully process all the experiences I've already had and figure out how they've affected me, so that's what I'm working on.

Anyway, I've decided to change my bloggage. Previously I had some rules: don't blog about politics or religion; say interesting things; try to be funny; write things our readers (I think there are 3 of you) would like to read. I hereby cancel all of those rules. I'm going to blog about whatever is on my mind at the moment. I'm going to blog for me instead of for you, and I feel okay about that because you don't have to read anything I write - there won't be a quiz. Promise.

One thing I want to write about is drugs and the war on them, which have been interests of mine for many years. That will probably cost us a couple of readers before I even write anything, but it is what it is. One of the biggest problems this country has with drugs is ignorance about them, and I'm retired now and can write whatever I want. Heh.

I also plan to write about the changes I'm experiencing now, after all these years. Who said an old Durf can't learn new tricks? People talking about themselves is usually boring, so I will at least try to keep it to the high (or low) points.

And Twilight Zone, about which I would write a book, if only anyone under 50 knew what a pinball machine is.

Brave new world, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, pinball. I remember the days of going to the mini golf place on El Camino in Sunnyvale. For a buck I would rack up as many games as possible for you with a single quarter and a thread from a pair of pantyhose. But the best was Paramount Imports with the black light poster room full of pinball machines for a dime.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were one of the guys I battled when I was a pinball mechanic. I beat the thread ploy by installing cutters in the coin mechanisms - when the dirty dogs tried to pull their coins back out, the cutters broke the threads.

    That was actually kind of fun, as was combating other illegitimate attempts to get free plays. The only time I really got fried is when kids in Hayward started setting the bottoms of pins on fire to get inside. We had a confrontation. The fires stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just way too funny!! I used to give a guarantee of 10 games minimum, I knew which machines were easy. I'd lose a quarter but I'd make 75 cents and go get a cheeseburger.

    ReplyDelete