Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back to work.

Yes, I'm working again. That's good in a couple of ways. For one, cra... stuff disappears from here. For another, money appears. But it's really a bit of work. These are the things I have to do:

  • Decide what to sell.
  • Find the item, all accessories and manuals and whatever.
  • If any accessories are missing or damaged, order new ones.
  • Determine a starting price and, sometimes, a minimum price.
  • Find pictures online or take photographs of the item.
  • Write a description, including a plausible reason for selling.
  • Put all of that stuff together into an eBay page format.
  • Find packaging.
  • Determine shipping costs.
  • Decide how long the auction should be.
  • Post it all.
  • Answer any questions that come up.
  • Verify payment.
  • Ship.
  • Handle returns, complaints, etc., if any.

At the moment I have 5 items online. The only one that has bids so far is my old Kindle, which has been bid up to $71. That's not bad, since a new Kindle 3 sells for $139. The other 4 items don't have bids. Two of them are being watched (often bids don't appear until the last few hours). Two I just put on today and no-one has seen them yet.

eBay selling is kind of fun, everything considered, although not as much fun as eBay buying.

In a completely unrelated item, while browsing I stumbled on these heels:

Very cool, but I don't know who would wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment