Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Thanks, Baby

Ok, I want to use my first post on this blog to say "Thanks, Baby" to my wonderful wife Merlene. How many other women out there would send their husband alone to the Big Island of Hawaii for nine days to go play with telescopes on Mauna Kea? I'm helping with the public star gazing tonight and tomorrow night. They have ten telescopes of various size for the public to use. Sunday I'll be going to the summit for a tour of one of the big telescopes... Hopefully Keck. Also hoping to talk myself into a job here, they do have a couple of openings for what I do.

The other reason she sent me here was to look at retirement homes to buy. I looked at one today... Six years old, 3br/2ba, 1150 sq ft, quarter acre lot, 119K. Less than a mile to the ocean. Lots of good deals in Puna right now. Maybe I'll post some pics when I figure out how.

The pork lau-lau and spam misubi was good today too. It only takes one day to go local.

More to come....

Earl

1 comment:

  1. That's okay -- I'll be busy playing with my Karcher 2.21.

    ReplyDelete