Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My New Best Friend

(This is my first time posting to a blog – I hope you readers will be merciful. Although I’ve never actually met Durf , I know him vicariously through my husband Ed, whose life seems strangely intertwined with Durf’s.)

Durf has his helicopter. I have my new BFF that I spent last weekend enjoying: the Karcher K2.21 power washer.

Once again, we Central Californians had a long winter of rain, fog, and drear. My backyard and patio had become disgustingly green and slick with mold, mildew and untold algae-types. I trekked to the local hardware store, searching for what must be the chemical solution to my problems. I left with my new pal.

Oh, the power and the glory! My patio was de-greened, clean and the way God intended cement to be. The walls, the yard furniture, there’s no end to what I can clean! My husband thinks I’m a bit extreme, but has to admit the patio looks great.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hiding, just in case she thinks I'm in need of cleaning. Kind of like the cat running away from the vacuum cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love power washers!

    ReplyDelete