Y'all might recall that no sooner did Durf re-enter CO from NY than he was ready to turn around and go back. But as time goes by, I see him settling back in. ("Sure, mowing the lawn is a PITA, but look at all these cool tractors we can buy!")
As for me, my dreams of a pied-a-terre have gone the way of Greece's credit rating. So now I have resorted to weighing the pros and cons of life in rural Colorado. Do we move? Do we stay? Why stay? Why move? Which brings me quickly to the dark side: the critter factor.
Within days of returning to CO, I had to do some laundry. I went through the wash cycle without incident. Then I opened the dryer door for the first time in six months and the next thing I knew, I was coming to on the floor, and the noxious odor permeating the room was threatening to render me unconscious again. I'd know that smell anywhere. Dead rodent!
Fortunately, said rodent was not in said dryer. But its body odor was. If Durf had been home, we would have faced an impasse. I would have wanted to call Rodent Busters and he would have told me he didn't smell a thing. Under extreme pressure he would confess to noting a slight odor, but would say, "Who cares? The smell will be gone in a few months. Don't have a cow."
Fortunately, Durf was safely in NY and Rodent Busters picked up on the first ring.
Colorado score: -1
Do I sense a pattern? Is your house so well trained by the two of you that it kills things when you're not even there? Yikes!
ReplyDeleteCome on down to Atlanta. Most of ours are still alive and running through the house! They do stink when they're dead, though. You forgot the moths...do you like them??? Glad you're back.
ReplyDelete-1? Colorado is -1? Wow, this really is an odd blog series, so far.
ReplyDelete