Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Odd Days: Uh Oh

Trouble finds me wherever I go. That doesn't mean I'm troubled. It just means that if there's only one mosquito in the area, it will bite me. Or if Ford sells only one exploding Pinto, I'll be the one to buy it. And if only one person has their password stolen at Denver International Airport, that person will be none other than yours truly.

I would say that I take normal precautions in all I do. (Unlike Durf, who takes extraordinary precautions in all he does.) But in spite of, or perhaps because of, taking normal precautions during the internet age, I have had innumerable fraudulent charges on various credit cards, leading to hours of PITA conversations with PITA bank people to get the charges removed.

And get this: Within the last five years, I bought a hat at a neighborhood "wigs for cancer survivors" store where they still use credit card slips with carbons. The clerk there stole my credit card number and began charging his online "resume creation service" fees to my credit card (at $1.95 a pop). What an idiot.

I confess I have pooh-poohed the whole idea that someone might capture my passwords as I type them over a public wifi network. Well, the pooh-poohing is behind me. It happened at DIA this last week during my trip to MA. The good news is that nothing really bad happened (so far). The bad news is that the sleaze bucket who stole two of my passwords hijacked my facebook wall. I'm telling you this so that if you see something on my facebook page that indicates I've become a jesus-loving republican, you'll know the world hasn't come to an end after all!

Moniti estis!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking forward to reading about this jesus loving republican, but it has already been torn down. Pooh.

    ReplyDelete