I was going to blog about Chuck Berry today, but this just popped into the old beaner. Chuck will have to wait.
A couple of days ago I posted that I do not believe in any man-described god. I also consider myself a person of science for whom unquestioned belief has no credibility. I think that the theory of evolution is essentially, if not entirely, correct. But I also think that the process of evolution is guided by some form of higher intelligence.
Pure evolutionists claim that after billions of years all kinds of things could happen that would lead to our world today. But what about sexual reproduction, for example? It is a form of natural selection, but how did it get started? Let's imagine. Many kinds of animals (and plants) reproduce sexually, but let's use humans for visualization purposes.
If the first human was an asexual being with an indistinguishable, smooth crotch with only two holes for excretion, what accident led to the first male organs? More significant, how did the first female appear with her complex reproductive system? And did these two odd mutations just happen to be around the same fire on a Saturday night, with Neanderthals beating sticks on rocks, and look at each other, and nod, and decide to got into the cave for a bit of a boink, thereby starting the entire process?
It seems unlikely, unless Neanderthals had invented martinis by then.
I do hope to someday discover the nature of the higher intelligence, but I know it will not happen in my lifetime.
Do you think the martini's were chilled????
ReplyDelete