Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Odd Days: Morning

I am a morning person. Have been since I made my way out of the womb. I've heard that morning-person-ness is the result of a genetic mutation, so I expect most of you do not know what a morning person is. I'm going to explain it to you:
  • When I get up in the morning, I'm happy.
  • If I get up too late to see the beautiful sunrise, I'm upset.
  • I talk in the morning and would sing if those within earshot didn't protest.
  • I remember everything I say and do before noon.
  • As the sun goes down, my brain shuts down along with it.
  • If people call me after 8 pm, I can rarely think of anything to say, so my caller inevitably thinks I'm depressed.
  • If someone invites me to go to a concert that begins at 9 pm, I always say no unless I fear they will unfriend me.
  • I hate December 21.
Contrast that with a night person:

  • When he (or she!) gets up in the morning, he is *not* happy.
  • When the sun seeps into the bedroom, he moans in pain.
  • He doesn't talk voluntarily for hours and if anyone nearby talks, they should fear for their lives.
  • If forced to talk, he is unlikely to remember what he said and will deny it vigorously.
  • As the sun goes down, the party clothes come on.
  • Under cover of darkness, he is now willing to discuss and solve all of the worlds problems, while playing canasta and listening to Roy Orbison.
Lord save me, I have two night people in my house right now!

2 comments:

  1. did durf replicate? sunrise every day? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bet, Twila, that I am not the morning person that you are. But I do like daytime. You should *love,* not hate December 21; you're turning the corner and every day thereafter for the next six months will longer than the day before.

    ReplyDelete