Have I mentioned how much I love Telluride? I'll make this short and sweet. We haven't seen a bvim film yet. Here are our top three so far, in chronological order.
1. Albert Nobbs. This is Glenn Close's new film about a person who spends his whole life in disguise. I hesitate to say more about the plot. Suffice it to say, Ms Close has never been better and the film is incredibly moving. And yet there is plenty of humor, surprising humor.
2. Footnote. I am horrified that we almost decided to skip this film based on the descriptive blurb. It is a story about a man's relationship with his father. Both are academics, but the father seems to be slightly autistic. Sound dry? Don't believe it for a second.
3. The Separation. An incredible film about an Iranian couple who separate because they are not permitted to divorce. The film is about the consequences of that separation. Sound familiar? Don't believe it for a second.
I should say that I am not an independent film addict nor am I a pretentious twiddlepoop. I would bet an excellent bottle of champagne that any of you reading this bog would like all three of those films. Report back, please.
We fully expect to see at least three more masterpieces before we leave Telluride. You'll be the first to hear about them!
Do you bestow your imprimatur on the term "pretentious twiddlepoop"?
ReplyDeletetwiddlepoop? bvim?
ReplyDeleteall 3 films sound good unless subtitles are invoved--can't hack them any more.