I took a close-up of one of our spiders to help identify it. I don't think it's a wolf spider, and Tineye couldn't find anything similar (hopefully Carl will jump in at any moment).
When I was doing spider research, I came upon the following:
That really blew my mind. I mean, what are the chances we'll see that spider? Heck, it's probably dead by now.


Well, cool. I'm so glad Durf got a good picture of our domestic spider (top), because now I know exactly what it is. It's a wolf spider, identifiable by the "union jack" marking on it's upper body. I'm glad it wasn't a funnel weaver. We don't really go in for totally harmless critters.
ReplyDeleteI saw that mark and figured it must be an identifier. I'm not fond of spiders. I heard a loud sound this morning and looked out the window. my bird feeder was bouncing around, and shining in the morning sun was a fairly thick cable of spider silk running from the feeder up to the roof. no wonder I didn't see any birds today.
ReplyDelete