I had a different idea for today's post, but then this kind of jumped out of nowhere and said, "Blog me! Blog me!"
It all started when I felt a little hungry and decided to have brunch. Twila had picked up some sandwiches at our local, cooly-named grocery store, King Soopers. I'd had one of these Deli Club sandwiches before and wasn't crazy about the cheese, so I decided to find out what kind of cheese it was. Here's the label (clickable):
So I was like, "OMG, it's a SANDWICH!" I thought you made a sandwich by slapping some meat and cheese between two pieces of bread. I never suspected they're actually made from chemicals in some secret laboratory. Rennet, for example. Who knows what rennet is? It certainly doesn't sound like something that should be in a sandwich.
The worst part of all is, I still don't know what kind of cheese was in it.
I know what rennet is. If you ever had to deal with catering and some of the guests were vegan, then you'd have to find rennet-less cheese. (This is a clue that you might not want to go any farther in your investigation.)
ReplyDeleteI read through the ingredients a couple of times, and I *think* (but I'm not sure) that the parentheses don't balance. That sandwich should not compile. If you eat it, you probably won't compile either.
ReplyDeleteI also noticed that it contains (or more accurately, MAY contain) collagen. If so, you might find that your complexion will improve if you strap the sandwich to your face when you sleep.
poison salad sandwich! fuhgedaboutit.
ReplyDelete